Getting the COVID-19 vaccine is important for your health as it can prevent serious illness, hospitalization, and death from the virus. Getting the vaccine is also important to protect the people around you. The more people who are immunized, the faster we can stop the pandemic and return to normal. Research has shown the vaccine to be safe and effective.
Rutgers students are required to provide proof of vaccination to return to campus in the Fall 2021 semester. Students can get any vaccine currently authorized for use in the U.S.: Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson. (Students may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement for medical or religious reasons.)
Want to share your thoughts? Share your thoughts anonymously about whether you plan to get the vaccine (or have already) and how you feel about the Rutgers requirement here.
Below are reliable resources the Health Sciences Center has compiled about the vaccine.
- FAQs about the Rutgers requirement for students to be vaccinated.
- Rutgers portal to complete a questionnaire to register your interest in receiving a vaccine from the university.
- Upload your vaccine record to the Medicat portal here.
General Vaccine Resources
- For information about how the COVID vaccines work, go here.
- For information about mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna), see this graphic.
- For information about vector vaccines (Johnson & Johnson), see this graphic.
- For information about what FDA Emergency Use Authorization for vaccines means, go here.
- For answers to all of your vaccine questions, see this great user-friendly resource.
- Register with the state: https://covidvaccine.nj.gov/
- Atlantic County: atlanticare.org
- Camden County: com/vaccineregistration/
- Burlington County: https://www.virtua.org/services/covid19-vaccine-info
- Gloucester County: register with the state (https://covidvaccine.nj.gov/)
- For additional locations offering the vaccine in NJ, go here.
- See these two websites: https://covid-vaccine-interest.phila.gov/?lang=en-US or https://vaccinatepa.org/counties/Philadelphia_County
Pharmacies offering vaccines: