Rutgers–Camden Health Sciences students admitted into the MPH program at Rutgers University will begin MPH coursework during their junior or senior year and complete the program in a fifth year after graduating with their BA.
Student Admission Requirements
To be admitted, a student must:
- obtain a GPA of 3.0
- have earned a B+ or better in college algebra
- complete the MPH application
- submit a letter of recommendation from Health Sciences director
- submit a letter of recommendation from another faculty member
- submit a statement of purpose
- submit transcripts
No GRE is needed to apply to the program.
Graduate Courses at Undergraduate Costs
Once admitted, undergraduate students will be able to take up to six graduate courses** at the undergraduate cost. Courses include:
- 75:832:501: Health Systems and Policy (PHCO 0501)
- 75:832:502: Principles of Epidemiology (PHCO 0502) -or-
- 75:832:505: Social and Behavioral Health Sciences in Public Health (PHCO 0505)
- Approved health sciences majors may register with special permission for two School of Public Health core courses (PHCO courses) prior to applying to the program.
Courses may be available online and some may be offered on the Rutgers–Camden campus.
**45 credits needed to earn MPH (learn more at https://sph.rutgers.edu/academics/ba-ru-camden.html)
The Rutgers-New Brunswick MPH program contacts are:
Janet Zamorski or Karen Meenan
New Brunswick campus
School of Public Health
683 Hoes Lane West, 1st Floor
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Phone: (732) 235-4646
Fax: (732) 235-5476